Coyne Recruitment work with the leading and most reputable organisations across the Employability and Skills sector. We are proud to support these organisations who are playing a vital role helping the UK recover from Covid-19.
Identify and assess individual learner needs and skills requirements by undertaking or reviewing robust initial assessment: including maths and English, learning support, learning styles, soft skills; and subsequently developing a tailored learning plan with targets to address specific barriers and skills development. The training will include accredited and non-accredited personal, social and wellbeing development activities and accredited employment skills wrapped around a sector of interest such as; teaching assistant, customer service, digital literacy and/or maths and English skills. Qualification range is upto and including level 3. Plan lessons effectively and ensure that activities are differentiated towards individual learner needs. Deliver training, coaching and assessment that effectively assists learners to develop personal, social, employability and digital skills to better prepare them for work and independence. Delivery may include, online, face to face, classroom or one to one.
- Train, assess, motivate, mentor and support learners, assisting them to develop personal and social skills to better prepare them for work, progression and life.
- Where not already completed, undertake initial and diagnostics assessments on each learner, and subsequently review and develop a tailored action plans to include SMART targets.
- Undertake regular and meaningful reviews with learners to ensure they remain engaged on the programme and that they are progressing well relative to their initial starting point.
- Plan lessons effectively and ensure that activities are innovative and differentiated towards individual learners, and that learner support is effectively assessed, reviewed, implemented, and evaluated throughout the learner’s journey.
- Promote, and deliver training in accordance with qualification and centre guidelines, including the promotion of equality and diversity and prevent in lessons.
- Adhere to all statutory responsibilities and ensure Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Prevent policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Undertake and respond to learner and stakeholder feedback; contributing to LMP Educations cycle of quality improvement.
- Take part in standardisation and team meetings and undertake continuing professional development as required.
- Maintain high standards of quality and compliance and complete all contractual paperwork and documentation as required.
- Deliver outstanding teaching learning and assessment to learners
- Monitor learner’s progression and ensure all forms of teaching, learning and assessment for each element of the qualification is completed enabling learners to meet the criteria for achievement of the chosen qualification
- Maintain learner records accurately, both hard copy and electronically, and ensure all evidence for all visits is readily available and accessible for audit and quality purposes.
- Implement any improvements identified as a result of performance reviews and internal quality assurance.
- Ensure maths and English is embedded into delivery as required or delivered stand alone as needed.
- To develop and maintain own professional and occupational knowledge, skills and experience, including formal training, CPD and networking with fellow professionals. Incorporating self-reflection to improve practice.
- Level 3 Award Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement or equivalent
- Level 4 Award in the Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice or equivalent Teaching qualification PTTLs (equivalent) or above
- Proven experience of work based/classroom based learning, teaching and assessment
- PC Skills – ability to use databases, word processing, PowerPoint, email, internet and skype