Coyne recruitment are working with the leading providers of choice delivering the Restart programmes with Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). Coyne Recruitment are working with these providers to deliver the talent that will drive performance, innovation, customer service, support and most of all hope during the rebuilding post pandemic.
We are searching for an experienced Operations manager from the Employability, Welfare to work or government contract sector. Someone who can demonstrate they have the background and ability to drive exceptional performance, people culture, management and quality.
The Operations Manager will be required to represent the Employability division at a senior level both internally and externally. The post holder will require strong business and financial acumen to ensure that current and future employability operations continue in a sustainable and viable basis and can evidence positive outcomes and value to procurers, shareholders, and participants alike.
Leadership and performance management
- Development and delivery of a People Plan to maintain a motivated and engaged workforce, delivering services in line with the companies values & vision.
- Recruit a strong Restart leadership team, coach, and support managers, develop their knowledge, skills, and behaviours.
- Production and implementation of operational resourcing and work plans and budgets.
- Recruitment and management of staff and resources to achieve required service response, quality, and cost performance indicators.
- Management of change plans including internal and external communications, HR, and related technical issues.
- Performance management in line with defined competencies.
- Resolving performance issues among staff engaged in services.
- Lead, develop and retain high quality teams and support staff that are capable of ensuring best practice delivery of contracted services.
- Ensure that teams are motivated, engaged and are building strong and positive relationships with participants, enabling them to make well informed choices, which supports and ultimately leads to successful outcomes.
- Development, management, and monitoring of financial budgets including analysis, reporting and action on variances.
- Lead the long-term financial performance through effective operational and financial performance management, ensuring the effective deployment of resources to deliver exceptional business results.
- Financial tracking, monitoring and forecasting of regional contract income (alongside the Finance Business Partner) ensuring financial targets are met and exceeded.
- Financial analysis of benefits and costs for regional projects/ initiatives.
- Ensure that teams fully utilise a multi-channel platform to engage with participants.
- Promote and deliver a multi-agency approach for making the right connections with key stakeholders and local services.
- Ability to innovate and develop effective solutions to operational challenges.
- Ability to utilise technology successfully to drive forward IT solutions that engage in a meaningful and beneficial way for participants.
- Contribute to a process to facilitate best practice through sharing resources, skills, knowledge and expertise with the Operations Director and other Senior Managers across the business.
- Contribute to strategic planning at a programme and organisational level.
- Manage relationships with key internal and external partners including identifying new business opportunities as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other Managers, as well as Support Services Heads/Managers to achieve common company goals.
- Meet and exceed commissioner performance targets and deliverables for all contracts including performance of any sub-contracting partners, delivering market leading performance.
- Reporting contract performance trends and issues to service delivery staff, senior management, and Commissioners.
Service and business development
- Analysis of performance leading to service changes and improvements to increase user and funder outcomes/level of satisfaction/perceived value of the service.
- Collaborative working with commissioners and senior operational managers across a range of sectors and organisations to strengthen the role and contribution of existing services and create new opportunities for services within a whole-system framework of operation.
- Development of workforce plans including supporting development of competency frameworks to meet the operational requirements of the organisation.
- Contribute to the development and securing of new business opportunities within the region.
- Meet legislative and all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Meet all contractual and contract guidance requirements and ensure strong control systems are in place to manage risks.
- Ensure policies and frameworks are followed and applied across the region.
- Lead on the monitoring of quality assurance systems in line with procurer requirements.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Senior Leadership Team to build a strong and growing division.
- Maintain effective relationships with Regional Commissioners and Monitoring Officers.
Represent the business where required at internal and external stakeholder Meetings, accounting for contract performance.
This is an amazing opportunity for a leader within the employability and welfare 2 work sector to drive a progressive programme for the benefit of its participants.