The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working within a Dental Nursing role.
- Dental Nurse Level 3 Qualification and valid GDC registration. Maths and English Level 2 functional skills or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge and/or experience of Apprenticeships.
- Teaching and assessing qualification(s) and/or experience.
- Committed to learning excellence, willing to learn and develop own skills.
- Understanding of safeguarding best practice.
- Professional and confident approach in working with a range of partner organisations and key stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to keep accurate, up to date records.
- Ability to uphold our customer excellence standards.
- Readiness to be flexible and adaptive in programme delivery and development.
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload.
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, able to present and lead key discussions.
- The post holder may on occasion be required to travel to other and locations which may not be easily accessible by public transport.
- To understand and support the Group’s commitment to regenerating places and creating opportunities for people and to actively contribute to achieving this vision within the job role.
- To ensure compliance with the Group’s Health and Safety policies.
- To support and uphold the Group’s internal customer service standards.
- To undertake relevant Continuing Professional Development applicable to professional bodies relevant to the role and be prepared to undertake training as directed by the Group.
- To attend meetings and events as may be required from time to time at other Group offices and external locations which may not be easily accessible by public transport.
- The post holder may be directed by their line manger to carry out other duties and responsibilities in line with his/her post, grade, skills, knowledge and experience.
- You will deliver engaging and inspiring training programmes to support individuals and businesses to achieve their full potential.
- Within your curriculum area you will be responsible for the effective teaching and assessment of both individuals and groups of learners to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours they require to meet their learning outcomes.
- The services you will deliver will be recognised for excellence by employers/learners and funding/awarding/regulatory bodies.
- To deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment, engaging and supporting learners as required for Dental Nursing, Maths and English Functional Skills.
- To act as an ambassador for Dental Nursing Apprenticeship programmes.
- To use vocational knowledge to support the development of a robust learning programme within the Apprenticeship Standard.
- To work to the highest standards in the context of Ofsted requirements and inspection.
- To support the development of high-quality learning materials and assessment plans to support delivery of the programme.
- To work with an appropriate caseload of learners and to ensure their progress in line with development targets and milestones.
- To make effective use of e-learning and online performance systems.
- To take part in project development group meetings.
- To motivate and inspire learners.
- To attend open days / information sessions and careers events to increase awareness / interest and stimulate applications.
- To work effectively and promote partnership working throughout the company with The Group.
- To Ensure appropriate schemes of work and lesson plans (including regular reviews) are in place, including resources that enhance the learning experience.
- Support the full and consistent implementation of the Quality Policy and management framework that will result in the highest standards of learner attendance, retention, completion, achievement and progression ensuring all curriculum areas are always "inspection ready".
- Ensure the provision of excellent customer service and high levels of customer satisfaction ensuring all learner documentation (ILP, Assessment Plans, Reviews etc.) are completed to a high standard showing learner progress and learner ‘story’, in a timely manner.
- Ensure consistent achievement of performance targets and KPIs.
- Support with self-assessment reviews and continuous improvement actions plans in preparation for Ofsted inspection or funding reviews.
- Support the process of identification, development and improvement of new and existing qualifications and programmes as required.
- Work closely with other teams and the wider Group to support business growth and targets.
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with existing partner employers / organisations and generate new business.
- Work with the Workforce Development Team to ensure employer communication is good, with employers feeling involved and knowing how their learners are progressing.
Who We Are
Coyne Recruitment work with the leading and most reputable organisations across the Employability and Skills sector. We are proud to support these organisations who are playing a vital role helping the UK recover from Covid-19.
For more information regarding this or any of our other roles, please call the office on
0151 294 4431.