Coyne Recruitment work with the leading and most reputable organisations across the Employability and Skills sector. We are proud to support these organisations who are playing a vital role helping the UK recover from Covid-19. We are currently looking to support a fantastic organisation recruit for a highly skilled Employability Operations Manager in Nottingham.
They are looking for a dynamic, influential, and enthusiastic leader, who shares their company values to join their experienced management team.
The Operations Manager will have wide ranging accountabilities for the performance (both financial and contractual) and the development of employability services and operations, ensuring the successful strategic development of the programme, including business planning, internal policies, procedures and quality standards, cross-divisional working and external relations with procurers and key stakeholders in the broader eco-system.
The Operations Manager will be required to represent the Employability division at a senior level both internally and externally. The post holder will require strong business and financial acumen to ensure that current and future employability operations continue in a sustainable and viable basis and can evidence positive outcomes and value to procurers, shareholders, and participants alike.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Development and delivery of a People Plan to maintain a motivated and engaged workforce, delivering services in line with the company’s values
- Production and implementation of operational resourcing and work plans and budgets.
- Recruitment and management of staff and resources to achieve required service response, quality, and cost performance indicators.
- Management of change plans including internal and external communications, HR, and related technical issues.
- Performance management in line with the company defined competencies.
- Resolving performance issues among staff engaged in services.
- Lead, develop and retain high quality teams and support staff that are capable of ensuring best practice delivery of contracted services.
- Ensure that teams are motivated, engaged and are building strong and positive relationships with participants, enabling them to make well informed choices, which supports and leads to successful outcomes.
- Development, management, and monitoring of financial budgets including analysis, reporting and action on variances.
- Lead the long-term financial performance through effective operational and financial performance management, ensuring the effective deployment of resources to deliver exceptional business results.
- Financial tracking, monitoring, and forecasting of regional contract income (alongside the Finance Business Partner) ensuring financial targets are met and exceeded.
- Financial analysis of benefits and costs for regional projects/ initiatives
- Ensure that teams fully utilise a multi-channel platform to engage with participants.
- Promote and deliver a multi-agency approach for making the right connections with key stakeholders and local services.
- Ability to innovate and develop effective solutions to operational challenges.
- Ability to utilise technology successfully to drive forward IT solutions that engage in a meaningful and beneficial way for participants.
- Contribute to a process to facilitate best practice through sharing resources, skills, knowledge and expertise with the Operations Director and other Senior Managers across the business.
- Contribute to strategic planning at a programme and organisational level.
- Manage relationships with key internal and external partners including identifying new business opportunities as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other Managers, as well as Support Services Heads/Managers to achieve common company goals.
- Meet and exceed commissioner performance targets and deliverables for all contracts including performance of any sub-contracting partners, delivering market leading performance.
- Reporting contract performance trends and issues to service delivery staff, senior management, and Commissioners.
Service and business development:
- Analysis of performance leading to service changes and improvements to increase user and funder outcomes/level of satisfaction/perceived value of the service.