An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Employer Engagement Consultant to work on our clients provision across Greater Manchester.
Do you have an ability to build a rapport and achieve a client’s needs? A natural people person? If so, then this job could be for you.
This is an important role in which you will establish links with employers to generate appropriate and sustainable vacancies for participants. The role requires establishing and maintaining close working relationships with local employers, Keyworkers, participants and other key partners. Mobility will be a key requirement, given the need to build sustainable relationships with partners both external and internal and therefore access to a car is essential.
Duties will include:
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with new and existing employers to generate vacancies for participants.
- Work with those employers engaged to identify their recruitment and workforce development needs
- To sell the services of our client to all new and potential employers.
- Make regular contact with all key employers with repeat vacancies and to conduct monthly meetings with all major employers where ongoing recruitment is occurring.
- Ability to analyse market trends to identify potential business opportunities when contacting new employers
- Ensure that participants are appropriately matched to employer vacancies.
- Ensure all participants are fully prepared for interview.
You must have the following skills and experience:
- Must have previous sales experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate with employers, maximising sales as well as managing expectations and dealing with complaints
- Networking and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work to challenging targets and KPIs
- Flexible approach to work including willingness to travel and working occasional unsociable hours
- Well-developed IT skills, including an understanding of computerised management information systems, spreadsheets, diary management, and e-mail
- Ability to make contact with decision makers, identifying business opportunities and closing contracts
- Knowledge of recruitment and training services
- Recent experience of working to challenging targets within a sales environment
- Ideally experience of securing vacancies and subsequently securing job starts
- Excellent knowledge of the local labour market, methods of recruitment and growth industries
- Good knowledge of welfare to work and the customer base
- A warm, approachable style to delivery is required in order to build relationships and rapport