Coyne recruitment work with the leading and most reputable organisations across the Employability and Skills sector. We are proud to support these organisations who are playing a vital role helping the UK recover from Covid-19
We are now recruiting for Employment Advisors in and around Manchester/Greater Manchester who are passionate about supporting their local community in the wake of the COVID 19 pandemic. We are seeking motivated and driven individuals with the ability to work in a fast paced environment who are passionate about helping people secure employment.
As an Employment Adviser you will work with recently unemployed programme participants (13 weeks +), using your knowledge and skills to provide participants with employability support and advice, help with updating CV’s, identifying their transferable skills, preparing them for interviews and most of all, helping give them confidence when applying for jobs.
Employment Advisers will deliver the vast majority of these services remotely, via the telephone/video, with the very occasional face to face appointment. Any face to face appointments will take place at our clients office or community venue.
- Working with participants to provide support, guidance and motivation as they seek employment.
- Support participants to overcome barriers to employment.
- Work proactively in a changing labour market to identify vacancies and job options for participants.
- Responsible for achieving targets in a fast-paced environment.
- Build strong and positive relationships with participants, enabling them to make well informed choices and appropriately diagnose their areas of support, leading to the joint development of an action plan.
- Utilisation of a multi-channel platform where, through a range of digital, video and telephony capability, participants are provided with the flexibility to decide how, when and the frequency with which they engage.
- Utilising specific systems as a single point of digital access for all participants
- Responsible for making the right connections with local services, through a multi-agency approach to coordinate a focused package of support for each participant.
- May be required to facilitate groups on an ad hoc basis
- Will provide in work support, as required, for participants
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to work in a target driven environment, with a focus on the successful achievement of job outcomes and sustained outcomes for customers
- High level guidance skills, with the ability to deliver one-to-one and group sessions
- Working with and placing individual customers into suitable and sustained employment
- Experience in the guidance, advice & counselling environments
- Up to date knowledge of the Greater Manchester labour market, particularly in the wake of Covid-19 pandemic
- Knowledge in relation to the issues affecting individuals with multiple barriers to progressing to employment and sustained employment
- A warm, approachable empathetic style and the ability to establish a rapport and build relationships with customers that support their progression to sustained employment
Exceptional benefits including, Pension and Private HealthCare Scheme, competitive salary and 25 days holidays (plus 8 bank holidays), increasing with length of service.