Coyne Recruitment work with the leading and most reputable organisations across the Employability and Skills sector. We are proud to support these organisations who are playing a vital role helping the UK recover from Covid-19. We are currently looking to support a fantastic organisation recruit for highly skilled Employment Advisers.
Employment Advisers are the front line staff, with the main purpose of the role to support unemployed jobseekers (our participants) with finding and sustaining employment, engage with employers and make local communities aware of the benefits of our service.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Meeting with jobseekers, identifying any challenges and barriers with finding employment.
- Addressing a variety of barriers to employment with empathy and compassion.
- Building long lasting relationships with clients to ensure a professional and holistic approach.
- Identifying clients’ needs and requirements through detailed diagnostics.
- Putting together SMART weekly action plans to ensure the client is moving closer to employment.
- Be able to motivate clients whilst ensuring an engaging working environment.
- Networking with local employers to sell your clients skills and abilities, whilst utilising the Employer Engagement team.
- Offering information, advice and guidance relating to the clients circumstances.
- Completing Better Off Calculations and benefit advice.
- Booking jobseekers to any relevant training courses including customer service, security, hospitality, personal development, IT literacy and many others.
- Supporting jobseekers with CV writing and job application process.
- Liaising with employers to identify any employment opportunities for the jobseekers.
- Outreach work – promoting products and services within the local community.
- Able to work in a fast-paced working environment and be able to excel at meeting strict targets and KPI’s.
- Able to prioritise workload and tasks ensuring high efficiency and productivity
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary and great flexibility with your working schedule, the employer offers training, development and progression opportunities. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
Required skills and experience
- Able to demonstrate coaching/mentoring experience and persuasion/influencing skills through previous work or social activities
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment (i.e. Customer Services, Hospitality, Social Care, Customer Services, Sales)
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
- Willingness to travel locally (e.g. to meet customers/employers)