Main Purpose of the Role
We are currently looking to support a fantastic organisation recruit for highly skilled Employment Advisors working on the Restart programme. Employment Advisors are the front line staff, with the main purpose of the role to support unemployed jobseekers (participants) with finding and sustaining employment, engage with employers and make local communities aware of the benefits of our service.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Meeting with jobseekers, identifying any challenges and barriers with finding employment.
- Addressing a variety of barriers to employment with empathy and compassion.
- Building long lasting relationships with clients to ensure a professional and holistic approach.
- Identifying clients’ needs and requirements through detailed diagnostics.
- Putting together SMART weekly action plans to ensure the client is moving closer to employment.
- Be able to motivate clients whilst ensuring an engaging working environment.
- Networking with local employers to sell your clients skills and abilities, whilst utilising the Employer Engagement team.
- Offering information, advice and guidance relating to the clients circumstances.
- Completing Better Off Calculations and benefit advice.
- Booking jobseekers to any relevant training courses including customer service, security, hospitality, personal development, IT literacy and many others.
- Supporting jobseekers with CV writing and job application process.
- Liaising with employers to identify any employment opportunities for the jobseekers.
- Outreach work – promoting products and services within the local community.
- Able to work in a fast-paced working environment and be able to excel at meeting strict targets and KPI’s.
- Able to prioritise workload and tasks ensuring high efficiency and productivity
- The ability to work under pressure in a high-performance environment
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Well-developed IT skills, including MI systems, spreadsheets and diary management, email, data security.
- Self-motivation and self confidence
- Negotiation, ability to challenge
- Ability to work to Key performance indicators and challenging targets
- Administration, strong accuracy, numeracy and literacy, strong integrity
- Ability to network and promote the organisation
- Time management and strong organisation skills
- Problem solving
- Working to targets
- Excellent knowledge of the local labour market, methods of recruitment and awareness of growth industries
- Good knowledge of welfare to work and the customer base
- Good knowledge of training, education and employment opportunities
- Good knowledge of guidance and national standards
- Warm, pleasant demeanour
- Good rapport building skills
- Good negotiator
- Professional and articulate
- Flexible and adaptable
Who We Are
Coyne Recruitment work with the leading and most reputable organisations across the Employability and Skills sector. We are proud to support these organisations who are playing a vital role helping the UK recover from Covid-19.
For more information regarding this or any of our other roles, please call the office on
0151 294 4431.