Function Skills Coach
Coyne Recruitment work with employers of choice within the skills sector. We are currently looking to support a fantastic apprenticeship provider in adding to their team. This role requires an outstanding Skill Coach who has relevant up to date exposure and experience of working with learner in their place of work.
We require a Functional Skills Coach to deliver a mixture of online remote session and face to face within the workplace to our Apprenticeships learners.
- Act as a personal tutor/mentor to groups of learners in order to train, review, monitor and assess learners. Provide prompt and constructive feedback to learners as soon as possible after any assessment.
- To plan, prepare, deliver, and evaluate a course(s) of learning for learners as set out in the contract of employment to the agreed number of hours and weeks.
- To mark the register accurately at the start of each session and use the register in the event of a fire or other emergency.
- To keep learners’ records as required, including initial assessment and Learning Agreements records; Individual Learning Plans and progress records; exit info for learners leaving a course, wherever possible.
- To monitor and evaluate courses and to provide feedback to the Centre Head and/or Curriculum department as requested, thus taking responsibility for the quality of your teaching.
- To ensure that the post holder pays due regard to and fully support policies, including, Safeguarding Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, DDA, Quality Assurance, etc, and carry out the duties required.
- Qualifications in the subject specialism (to at least Level 3 equivalence), or in-depth knowledge and substantial experience in the subject area as specified in the job description.
- Teaching qualification* appropriate for working in Post 16 Sector, and/or willingness to undergo further training. (A minimum of a level 3 teaching qualification / 7307 / PTTLS) Preferably hold a recognised Assessor Award (D32, D33, A1, TAQA)
- Ability to work and communicate at the highest level, to think strategically and to meet KPIs
- Literacy & Numeracy qualifications at Level 1 or above A good knowledge of IT based systems
- Experience of coaching/mentoring people with mixed abilities Experience of teaching/training or working with groups of adults in appropriate field.
- An understanding of the principles underpinning teaching adults, i.e. planning, delivery, assessment, and evaluation of learning. An awareness of different learning strategies and teaching methods suitable for teaching a diverse range of abilities.
- Flexible working hours
- Staff benefits package
- Joining a fantastic team
- Staff development opportunities