Functional Skills Coach / Tutor
Coyne Recruitment work with the leading and most reputable organisations across the Skills & Apprenticeship sector. We are proud to support these organisations who are playing a vital role helping the UK recover from Covid-19. We are currently looking to support a fantastic organisation recruit for a highly skilled Functional Skills Tutor.
- To plan, prepare, deliver, and evaluate a course(s) of learning for learners as set out in the contract of employment to the agreed number of hours and weeks.
- To understand and interpret detailed syllabus/course outline information and an initial scheme of work for each course before commencement and update/maintain them as part of the course documentation files.
- To give subject specialist information, advice, and support to learners as part of teaching duties, including providing learners with advice on progression.
- To monitor and evaluate courses and to provide feedback to the Centre Head and/or Curriculum department as requested, thus taking responsibility for the quality of your teaching.
- To ensure that the post holder pays due regard to and fully support policies, including, Safeguarding Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, DDA, Quality Assurance, etc, and carry out the duties required.
- Qualifications in the subject specialism (to at least Level 3 equivalence), or in-depth knowledge and substantial experience in the subject area as specified in the job description.
- Teaching qualification (A minimum of a level 3 teaching qualification / 7307 / PTTLS) Preferably hold a recognised Assessor Award (D32, D33, A1, TAQA)
- Literacy & Numeracy qualifications at Level 1 or above A good knowledge of IT based systems
- An understanding of the principles underpinning teaching adults, i.e. planning, delivery, assessment, and evaluation of learning. An awareness of different learning strategies and teaching methods suitable for teaching a diverse range of abilities.
- Flexible working hours
- Staff benefits package
- Joining a fantastic team
- Staff development opportunities