Coyne Recruitment work with the leading providers in the skills and apprenticeship sector. On behalf of one of our leading clients we are searching for experienced Head of Apprenticeships/ Head of Operations. This person will be someone who can demonstrate they have the background and ability to drive exceptional performance, people culture, management and quality.
Our clients apprenticeship offer is in the digital sector, plans to grow the apprenticeship provision within this sector are a key strategic driving force for our client in 2021. The apprenticeship provision therefore requires a strong leader with a proven track record of working with apprenticeship standards in the digital sector.
To lead our apprenticeship provision ensuring excellent relationships are developed with employers to ensure that meets the training and skills needs of businesses in the region.
To ensure appropriate strategies are in place to maximise the generation of income, whilst maintaining and continuously improving high levels of quality in both delivery and assessment.
To be responsible for standardisation of on-programme processes to ensure high levels of effectiveness adhering to funding and data requirements.
To ensure our RoAPT registration is continued, and tenders are submitted in a timely manner for procurement led contracts.
- Leading the development of our Apprenticeship Provision in line with business planning.
- Developing relationships with local employers ensuring that the provision meets the demands of the employer sectors.
- To directly line manage and lead the Apprenticeship Training Team.
- To maintain and improve achievement rates through rigorous monitoring and continuous improvement strategies, working with employers, apprentices and delivery teams to oversee the provision outcomes.
- Lead appropriate training for the Apprenticeship Team to enable smooth transition with the introduction of new standards in the digital arena and to provide a clear, concise, information for employers.
- Develop the curriculum to focus on local employment priorities in collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure we meet skills needs and skills shortages in the local community contributing to economic growth.
- Develop a curriculum plan annually – detailing the programmes to be delivered in an academic year.
- Actively work with existing employers to create opportunities for new starts contributing to the achievement of the overall financial apprenticeship budget allocations.
- Actively seek new opportunities to extend apprenticeship delivery in the digital arena.
- To oversee and manage the budget for Apprenticeship division.
- Working with the Marketing team – lead and develop effective marketing / apprenticeship recruitment campaigns (including Apprenticeship Week annually).
- Working with the Quality team to implement robust methods of gauging employer satisfaction through feedback strategies and surveys.
- To manage Apprenticeship skills coaches’ caseloads ensuring that they are at maximum capacity and actively engaging with existing and new employers to increase recruitment levels that meet the overall allocation targets whilst continually planning for growth.
- To undertake audits of all aspects of the assessment activities against awarding bodies’ requirements and good practice ensuring that review and evaluation procedures are in place and that good practice is shared and disseminated between all.
- To ensure that assessment policies and procedures reflect internal and external awarding body requirements meeting appropriate levels of standards
Identifying apprentice requirements for additional learning support and referring them when appropriate.
Manage and lead standardisation meetings, Awarding Organisation Visits, internal and external audits to ensure standards are appropriate
- Implement and maintain control of essential aspects of the curriculum, such as Safeguarding, PREVENT, Personal Development, Behaviour, Welfare, IAG to ensure that programmes focus holistically on the learner’s wellbeing, personal and social development as well as achievement of standards.