Coyne Recruitment was founded by industry experts, who as former hiring managers with over 30 years of experience working for some of the leading providers in the UK, have an unrivalled passion for the skills and employability sector.
We are seeking an experienced Head of Curriculum and Learning for this multi award winning provider who specialise in tech and digital standards.
The department sits within the Operational and Support division. The agenda is to deliver excellent training and high-level quality support that facilitates learner achievement and progression in their Digital Apprenticeship.
You will be tech savvy, inspirational in your determination to ensure learner success and an innovative, quality experience. Timely Learner outcomes and trainer utilisation are key measurables of this role.
You will provide the leadership and vision to deliver excellent learner success through the development of teaching and learning, curriculum innovation and quality assurance You will be responsible for leading and supporting a team of staff and have responsibility for maintaining and managing the curriculum standards ensuring alignment with published success rates for the various digital pathways we offer. Reporting to the CEO, you will work closely with colleagues within Service Delivery and Sales to ensure that the client needs can be reflected within the curriculum offered.
You will support the business by taking accountability for a number of digital curriculum pathways, manage a number of direct reports ensuring they meet rigorous and robust quality assurance processes. e.g., observations of teaching and learning and monitoring CPD fulfilment.
- Articulate and implement a clear vision for the development of the technical curriculum and learner experience, to meet the overall strategic aims of the business in the delivery of effective, attractive, and high-quality pathways leading to long term careers in technology.
- Review the impact of all current Learning and Continuous Professional Development offerings to identify good practice and lead the creative development of the curriculum in each area to deliver high quality training and preparation for end point assessment.
Leadership and management
- Provide effective and efficient leadership, management, and co-ordination of staff resources across the training and curriculum teams, working closely with the scheduling and end point assessment team to ensure scheduled training is timely, efficient, and effective.
- Ensure the recruitment of training & curriculum staff is planned, timely and fully meets the needs of the business
- Undertake regular one to one and team meetings with teaching and curriculum staff that report into the role.
- Working closely with sales to ensure that any bespoke curriculum requests by employers can be accommodated without negative impact to the standard.
- Work on New Product development, taking the lead on these projects when required and working with sales and operations to develop the product offer.
Quality assurance and enhancement
- Provide leadership to the pathway teams, taking overall responsibility for standards, the quality of learning opportunities, and the accuracy and completeness of published exam and pathway success rates
- Lead on ensuring that the business is delivering to a standard that meets the highest requirements of relevant external agencies’ (e.g., Ofsted EIF) quality frameworks, policies, procedures, and codes of practice
- Responsible for learner knowledge module outcomes and the effective invigilation processes where appropriate.
- Contribute to and monitor progress against the Quality improvement plan actions in relation to training and curriculum.
- Analyse data and feedback from a wide variety of sources to monitor progress towards progression targets, planning and implementing remedial actions where necessary
- Be responsible for the production of reports, analysis, and evaluation in support of the company Self-Assessment report for each pathway.
- Lead on the reporting progress and areas for improvement directly to the relevant Board
Operational leadership and management
- As part of the management team, ensure the effective day to day management of the various pathways and delivery areas, including inducting staff, arranging cover for absent staff,
- Monitor the views, needs and requests of learners from the various surveys to ensure improvements are implemented aimed at further improving the standards of delivery.
- Ensure that appropriate, current, and relevant subject and academic skills developments are integrated and embedded across all pathway content
- To lead on the development and maintenance of the learning materials, with continual focus on progression online learning opportunities.
- Monitor progression tracking activities and learner outcomes by each trainer, implementing continuous professional development or performance measurements as appropriate
- Monitor agreed Key Performance Indicators through Pathway Pioneers meeting to drive the achievement of company objectives and manage performance, where required.
- Teaching and Quality assurance qualifications in line with current standards required by Ofsted.
- Degree in appropriate digital and technology principles aligned to the role
- Pivotal to have an understanding of Virtual Learning Environments and Virtual Learning Delivery.
- Further management or leadership qualifications or a willingness to undertake such
- Experience of providing leadership and evidence of significant success in bringing individuals together and forming a strong team ethos
- Experience of planning and delivering change or continuous improvement in teaching & learning which achieved a positive impact on learner outcomes
- Experience of data management and interpretation, and quality assurance
- A proven track record in leading, developing or delivering teaching & learning initiatives with a strong learner outcome focus
We look forward to your application.