The Head of Data, Compliance & Reporting
Coyne recruitment work with some of the leading providers of skills, employability and work-based learning in the UK and across the world. We are privileged to be working exclusively with one of our partners a leading consortium of training providers based in the Northwest while they recruit for a newly created position of Head of Data, Compliance & Reporting.
This will define and drive the operational output of a focused and forward-looking Data & Administration Team, comprising funding & ILR, subcontracting, exams, curriculum support and audit functions. As the head of this department will ensure that the department is able to recognise, anticipate and meet internal and external obligations and deadlines, strongly managing department priorities, monitoring ongoing tasks, and ensuring the delivery of exceptional service to the business and group. You must have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of key funding streams with a priority on Apprenticeships, Adult Education Budget, and Traineeships.
- Inaugurate and develop strategic and operational plans for the team to secure the future of the business and drive improvement in line with its strategic aims.
- Steer and influence apprenticeship funding developments within the organisation.
- Work strategically, balancing this with the need for attention to detail and the ability to participate in the operational running of a diverse range of Data & Admin services.
- Lead, manage and direct the team to make best use of technology, facilitating change to deliver new ways of working which support the businesses ambitions. Ensure all information systems are maintained and updated as required.
- Define and establish key performance indicators to measure performance and progress.
- Develop and manage the analysis of learner performance, course-related and funding data to support the management of learner information and provide the businesses SMT with intelligent data that supports decision making.
- Using demonstrable experience and understanding of core education-focused systems e.g. PICs, identify and lead on opportunities and requirements for system refinement and development.
- Lead and direct the Funding & Subcontracting activity, ensuring timely and accurate funding returns are made to all stakeholders in accordance with Funding Regulations.
- Provide funding and data rules knowledge and support, keeping up to date with Government initiatives and ensuring the business is fully compliant.
- Provide department and management support for all internal and external audits, ensuring prompt provision of information and response to queries or audit findings, based on well-maintained, high-quality data.
- Oversee centralised examinations services, ensuring prompt and accurate registration of all learners and supporting administrators to meet business expectations in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership, direction, and motivation, ensuring all staff carry out their work in an efficient and effective manner and develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Establish excellent working relationships with Governors and SMT colleagues and provide regular reports, advice, analysis, interpretation, and recommendations.
- Represent the organisation at external meetings and stakeholder events, and act as a positive ambassador for the business and group.
- Set a clear vision for each area of responsibility and inspire managers and staff to deliver it. Build high performing teams which demonstrate accountability and clarity of objectives, and which utilise and develop the skills, knowledge, and competencies of staff members.
This is a massively exciting time for my client who have amazing plans for growth and expansion going in the next calendar year. Positions like this are not in abundance particularly with such a quality led innovative organisation. For more information please apply below.