Coyne Recruitment work with the UKs leading skills providers. Our Manchester based client is the leading provider of skills and employability services in the North and are currently seeking a Head of Apprenticeships to further grow and develop their fantastic technical learning provision. This is an amazing opportunity for a senior leader from a work based learning background with experience in either construction, engineering or automotive disciplines. Our client offers a great work life balance, pension scheme and holiday entitlement along with fantastic opportunities for future growth and development.
The successfully candidate will be an experienced professional with a core understanding of teaching, learning and assessment, the Education Inspection Framework (EIF), government funding for skills and employment programmes and have a proven track record of planning for and managing full time education courses and work based training and assessment delivery.
- Actively direct and lead a profitable business unit, review services so that service and financial targets are met, and that appropriate quality and growth is achieved.
- Develop individual service area plans that contribute to financial viability, high quality services and business growth.
- Develop plans at individual team or centre level to contribute to the overall directorate and company plans.
- Identify and develop business development opportunities through the review of funding and market developments including using learner, employer and staff feedback to inform the curriculum offer
- Develop with staff the curriculum content and service delivery approach and timetable to support cost effective, quality delivery.
- Ensure that Internal Quality Assurance across the provision is robust and safeguards learner achievement
- Maintain compliance to support clean audits from a range of external bodies.
- Implement a self-assessment process within the team to contribute to up to date quality improvement plans and drive the implementation of these.
- Improve the success rate and delivery of key performance indicators through quality improvement actions.
You will have:
• Experience of management of a diverse and large-scale service delivery operation with multiple customers and funding and income streams
- Experience of delivering teaching, learning and assessment in post 16 education and training - across construction or engineering disciplines.
- Experience of designing curriculum and training programmes
- Experience of developing, designing and implementing provision
- Experience of managing quality improvement
- Knowledge of current local, regional and national labour market intelligence •
- Knowledge and understanding of the Education Inspection Framework
- Knowledge of curriculum, qualifications and short courses
- Knowledge of a range of teaching and learning delivery approaches.
- Knowledge of funding body requirements and programme and audit compliance
- Knowledge of skills policy developments