HR & Recruitment Coordinator
Reporting to HR Manager
A leading training provider in the UK. Who have been helping the unemployed across the UK reach their full potential since 2010. This organisation provides free training courses and programmes to help those in unemployment learn new skills to apply for, secure, and maintain employment.
The HR Department operates as a Shared Service, serving the training provider, and associated organisations.
Alongside the HR Manager, the HR & Recruitment Coordinator will be an integral part of operating an effective HR function. This exciting role will include a mix of project management, recruitment, operations and administrative support work through tasks such as redesigning employee managements systems, sourcing talent and improving internal company communications.
Key role responsibilities
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries to requests and provide assistance
- Maintain records and prepare reports of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leavers, performance evaluations, etc.) in both paper and the digital database, ensuring all employment and regulatory (GDPR, Ofsted, QAA etc.) requirements are met
- Liaise with other departments or functions, especially finance and quality
- Support the recruitment/hiring process by advertising roles, sourcing candidates, performing DBS checks, screening CVs, shortlisting candidates, conducting phone screenings etc.
- Prepare new hire paperwork ensuring employment legislation and regulatory requirements are met
- Perform orientations, onboarding and update records for new hires
- Monitor and update training records and staff matrix for employees
- Track probation review and annual performance appraisal deadline and liaise with managers to ensure timely completion and documentation
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events etc. and maintain the team’s agenda
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures, including taking minutes, writing letters, etc.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars
- Assist in payroll preparation
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- Assist with writing and sending out company communication
- Run ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employee feedback
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested of the post