HR Business Partner
Reporting to Senior HR Manager
Who we are
A leading training provider in the UK. Who have been helping the unemployed across the UK reach their full potential since 2010. This organisation provides free training courses and programmes to help those in unemployment learn new skills to apply for, secure, and maintain employment.
The HR Department operates as a Shared Service, serving the training provider, and associated organisations.
We are seeking an experienced and results-driven HR business partner to align our HR initiatives and functions with business objectives and business needs.
Key role responsibilities
- Day to day management of all core HR departmental areas, including payroll, employee relations, HR admin, learning and development, internal recruitment, employee engagement, and maintaining and improving HR systems.
- Partnering with departments, providing strategic and operational guidance and advice
- Lead on HR Projects, including assisting the Senior HR Management in the project planning, communications, and implementation of any changes
- Current regulation compliance, including accepted professional standards, policies and procedures and legislation (including legislation on data protection, the Equality Act and health and safety).
- Manage the implementation of employment policies.
- Ensure employment law, HR policy, best practice and workforce development are applied.
- Ensure the onboarding process is handled in a professional manner to expedite the settling in period.
- Manage the execution of the HR Strategy to ensure achievement of the objectives.
- Support HR staff to ensure that all relevant professional standards are met.
- Continuously improve engagement and welfare activities, maximising productivity, devolving HR responsibilities to line managers and building leadership capability. Identify HR trends so that attention can be directed to key issues and resources.
- Identify staffing needs and manage the creation of job descriptions and handbooks.
- Develop and implement management talent planning.
- Manage the company’s employee programmes, staff benefits and packages.
- Control the performance review programme to deliver continuous employee development.
- Ensure employee training requirements are well managed and monitored.
- Manage the training and development plans and ensure they are of a high standard.
- Determine relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Commercial awareness, resourceful, and proactive attitude
- Working knowledge of employment regulations.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of regulations, accepted professional standards, policies and procedures and legislation (including legislation on data protection, the Equality Act and health and safety).
- Excellent understanding of HR practices.
- The ability to manage the implementation of effective employment policies.
- Good understanding and technical abilities within all HR departmental areas including recruitment, employee relations, workforce administration, employee engagement, payroll, reward and recognition, welfare, learning and development and HR systems.
- A confident leader with experience in leading a team.
- The ability to develop strong working relationships and drive collaboration.
- The ability to accept and provide feedback, be challenged on your advice and work well under pressure.
- The ability to assert your opinion and ideas with confidence.
- The ability to understand HR statistical reports.
- Experience in monitoring and driving KPIs.
- The capacity to make quick but rational decisions. The ability to think innovatively and rationally about decisions and come up with creative solutions.
Desirable skills & qualifications:
- Accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD),
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, or a Business-related subject, and
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in a HR role.
- Fluent level of both spoken and written English.
Our aim is to collaboratively work to promote an inclusive working and client facing environment, which attracts all candidates. We value diversity and positively welcome applications from all backgrounds. This will help ensure our workforce better reflects the diverse wider community we support. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.