Coyne Recruitment work with some of the UK’s leading apprenticeship & employability training providers. On behalf of one of our leading clients we are recruiting for an Interim Sales Manager to cover maternity leave.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsible for responding to and progressing inbound commercial enquiries relating to face to face and virtual in-house courses and programmes, open courses, bespoke online learning solutions and bids and tenders.
- Responsible for business development, facilitating and progressing apprenticeship programmes
- Conducting thorough fact finds with clients over the phone, via face to face or virtual meeting to identify needs and scheduling proposal submissions
- Producing proposals, quotations and tenders end to end – formatting of documents, sourcing content for programmes of all sizes and structures, tender production, PQQ completion
- Conducting weekly and thorough follow up of existing clients/pipeline via salesforce reports
- Pitching, presenting and conducting post-proposal meetings with clients
- Processing client terms/contracts - handover of key client information upon receipt of signed terms/PO to chosen trainer, finance and fulfilment department
- Creating and providing prospecting campaigns and other lead gen activity
- Creating and providing farming campaigns and other activity – such as regular account management of existing clients, windows of opportunity, share of wallet etc
- Scheduling and running weekly sales team meeting for sharing of key information
- Coaching for sales performance and developing wider sales/L&D team
- Providing and analysing accurate weekly forecast and current pipeline data
- Reviewing and improving closing ratios and other sales team KPIs
- Reviewing and improving margins for self and other sales team members
- Reviewing and improving overall service offering and proposition – including calling frameworks, proposals documents and information, content portfolio, bid and tender production process etc
- Supporting wider business performance through SLT role
The role will be for a 9 month fixed term contract and if successful in the role we will look to make the position permanent.
Knowledge, skills and experience
You’d ideally have a background in the learning and development industry because you’ll be dealing with seasoned L&D managers, HR professionals and Sales Directors so you’ll need to be able to hold your own with them when talking about development programmes and the industry as a whole.