Coyne Recruitment are proud to be the trusted partner for recruitment for one of the leading providers of worked based learning on their new contract win in delivering Traineeships, AEB and other ESF contracts. This is a newly created role to build a team and deliver performance on the newly announced traineeship provision across England.
Operate as a Director to maintain, identify, develop and drive as a credible preferred provider for businesses and individuals within all of the funded Traineeship, Adult education and worked based learning space for a leading national training provider. This provider is a specialist ITP who have invested in a award winning delivery across the UK.
Acting as an entrepreneurial catalyst within the business to drive forward operational development strategy and activity within a shifting environment, building consensus within the business and taking people with you. Operating with agility and ambition to enable business change and transformation.
Creating a Quality provision and work environment that encourages financial growth and achieves business planned targets whilst developing future business strands, embedding an outstanding internal behaviour and value set. Develop internal team members while driving quality and business growth.
To oversee operational management & activity, be responsible for maintaining strategic relationships, identifying areas for growth and ensuring high quality performance that meet the volumes within the business plan.
Planning & Strategy
- Oversee all activity related to The Company operational and performance strategy
- Support the development of the business plan
- Identify and execute action on new market opportunities
- Lead the planning, delivery and overall review of operations to ensure that service and financial targets are met and business growth is achieved.
- Foresee and maintain a high level of awareness of national policy and programme developments related to skills, be able to influence and contribute to these and relate such developments back to service delivery across a range of local delivery partners.
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with all partners and stakeholders internally and externally.
- Scanning the operating environment to anticipate policy developments impacting on the markets in which we operate.
- Extensive knowledge of competitors identifying risk and strategies
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
Leadership and management
- Implement business plans through effective management and strong leadership across all business units
- Implement with own senior management team the culture and lead staff so that the behaviour, attitude and belief contribute to high quality delivery and strong financial and volume performance.
- Recruit, effectively manage and develop a strong senior management team.
- Set appropriate standards and expectations for all staff in business unit and manage fairly and transparently individual and team performance.
- Manage high levels of staff performance and service quality through regular communication, clear objectives, appropriate support, address poor and/or unacceptable behaviour/performance
- Manage effectively by maintaining a positive environment and encouraging individuals to take ownership and realise their potential
- Ensure that that income target is secured and maximised, expenditure is controlled and targets are achieved.
- Contribute to annual business planning and re-forecasts for operations.
- Provide timely and accurate performance and forecast data on a monthly basis
- Manage services to deliver targets, within budget, control costs and add value
Management of self
- Identify opportunities for development of own skills, gaining of relevant experience and maintaining and developing high levels of market/environment knowledge and understanding
- Review and compare own working practices and identify areas for improvement
- Use time and other resources efficiently to meet objectives.
- Develop effective and productive working relationships internally and externally
- Lead by example, communicate effectively and accept personal responsibility
Knowledge & Experience
- Analytical with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong planning, operational, and financial management
- High level interpersonal, communication (written and oral), influencing and negotiating skills; able to demonstrate credibility.
- Capable of conducting high level representational work in one-to-one and formal meeting/committee settings, including presenting papers at Board level.
- Proven ability in establishing and maintaining professional working relationships with colleagues, partners and stakeholders in a fast paced and ever evolving environment.
- Work with others to maximise performance, coaching, mentoring, providing constructive and encouraging feedback
- Decision making: ability to weigh up different options, make effective, timely decisions and take appropriate action.
- Inspire and motivate staff to raise levels of performance and achieve their potential, rewarding and recognising achievement
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a best in class provision across the UK post pandemic, working with business, local authority to deliver the skills and green agenda already set out as part of post COVID and Brexit recovery.