Coyne Recruitment work with the leading providers within employability and welfare to work.
We are recruiting for a School Engagement Manager who will lead across West London in engaging with schools and FE colleges in order to encourage participation by young people in our clients pioneering career advisory programme.
Through establishing the local and national contexts the Engagement Manager will focus everyone’s efforts on programmes and activities that are most effective in motivating young people, supporting independent choice, and supporting positive outcomes for young people.
- Establish and develop the Enterprise Adviser Network locally by engaging and supporting a cluster of up to 25 schools and or FE colleges and 50 business volunteers.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with senior leaders in local schools and colleges within the network, understanding their development needs and supporting the business volunteers in scoping, identifying and addressing these needs.
- Recruit senior level business volunteers from local businesses and successfully match them to schools and colleges within the Enterprise Adviser Network.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of engaging and building relationships with leaders from schools, colleges and businesses.
- Demonstrable experience of delivery of programmes or projects with multiple stakeholders particularly with volunteers
- A strong track record of stakeholder engagement and management and of communicating with a variety of audiences, preferably in the education and careers sector.
- A demonstrable understanding of school culture and the challenges faced by schools in delivering careers and enterprise, and the current careers education and corporate social responsibility landscapes.
- An understanding of relevant local and national policy relating to skills and economic development and the issues and barriers to employment faced by young people.
Skills & Core Competencies:
- Excellent communication (including written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to persuade a variety of audiences and encourage others to use new ways of working.
- Collaborative and good at building relationships at all levels, both internally and with a range of external stakeholders.
- Proactive, with the ability to work independently, prioritising a busy workload and a large number of stakeholders.