Vocational Trainer – Functional Skills
Reports to: Learner Services Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Coyne Recruitment work with employers of choice within the skills sector. We are currently looking to support a fantastic work-based learning provider in adding to their team.
Our client, an independent training provider who deliver both commercial courses and apprenticeships, are seeking a Vocational Trainer - Functional Skills to join their ever-growing team.
This client focuses heavily on Logistics, Construction and Warehousing, has an ethos of providing a social impact in Birmingham and surrounds with a bright and vibrant Centre to deliver their training.
Introduction and Job Purpose
To enable learners to achieve success by providing high quality professional teaching, training, assessment, coaching and mentoring.
Responsible for delivery and assessment of the following qualifications:
- Plan a robust, cohesive, and challenging learning curriculum that meets relevant industry and Company requirements. Inclusive of: Curriculum Plans, Schemes of Learning, Vocational Initial Assessments, Training Plans, Delivery and Assessment Materials
- Plan for and effectively apply differentiation, as required, for the learning programmes of all new learners, agreeing targets and reviewing progress through the effective and robust use of Individual Learning Plans.
- Identify additional learning needs for learners and work with the Head of Quality and Curriculum to agree how these will be met. Ensuring that these needs are then met to support learners is progressing and achieving.
- Promote high expectations of all learners.
- Proactively work as part of the team, participating in and contributing towards, meetings, standardizations, improvement plans, self-assessments.
- Support and develop learners to maximize their full potential and ensure attainment of learning aims and progress towards their individual goals and aspirations. Including of providing subject specific knowledge, skills, and support as part of the IAG learners receive.
- Deliver engaging, dynamic, high quality learning programmes, in-line with the Company’s Curriculums so that learners obtain substantive and meaningful new knowledge, skills and behaviors that support their progression and future employment prospects.
- Identify and escalate concerns timely for learners who are not making planned progress or who are at risk of the leaving the programme early. Creating and managing interventions and action plans to support learners progress, complete and achieve.
- Keep up to date with teaching and assessment practices and occupational knowledge and skills within subject area of specialism.
- Review learner work, progress, and action, providing both formative and summative feedback to; recognize progress and achievement, identify areas of improvement and to stretch and challenge learners.
- Function as an ambassador for the Company promoting high expectations, safeguarding, British Values, behavior, and welfare.
- Demonstrate best practice through promotion and embedding of English and Math’s, Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, British Values and Prevent as appropriate into learning/delivery.
- Maintain all required records, as specified by the Company, to ensure that all documentation meets internal and external standards, including the Caseload tracker.
- Ensure systems (Moodle, CRM) are up to date and reflects progress learners are always making
Our client value’s diversity and positively welcome applications from all backgrounds. This will help ensure the workforce better reflects the diverse wider community they support. They particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.
Coyne Recruitment actively promotes Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding Policies
For more information, please contact Jen Lawton on 07395329431 or at email@example.com.